Hello there. Put site messages here.
Improving cybersecurity in the oil and natural gas sector
Timeline of Accomplishments
- AF exhibits at 2016 Workforce Development Institute conference
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology issues Call For Papers for the 8th EVI-GTI Conference on Gas Turbine Instrumentation
- ISA and AF commemorate kickoff of 2016 FIRST® Robotics Competition, encourage their members to participate in and contribute to FIRST programs
- The Continental Automation Buildings Association (CABA) holds 2016 CABA Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum
- ISA and AF encourage automation engineers and professionals to participate in this year’s Engineers Week, 21-27 February 2016
- Global initiative encourages more girls to discover the value of STEM learning
- The Society of Women Engineers conducts congressional outreach event on STEM, 2-3 March 2016 in Washington, D.C.
- In recognition of Black History Month, ISA applauds the contributions of African-American automation professionals and engineers
- 2014 ISA President Peggie W. Koon presents at annual conference of the National Society of Black Engineers, 23-27 March 2016 in Boston, Massachusetts
- AF leader presents at 2016 Project Lead The Way Summit on the value of competency models in guiding young people to STEM careers
- ISA and AF take part in fourth USA Science & Engineering Festival, the largest STEM celebration and education event of its kind in the US
- ISA delivers cybersecurity training courses at United States National Guard’s Cyber Shield Exercise
- Upcoming FIRST® Championship an opportunity for STEM-gifted young people to showcase their inventiveness, learn about potential career paths in automation
- An estimated 350,000 people attended last week’s USA Science & Engineering Festival, the largest STEM celebration and education event of its kind in the US
- NC Army National Guard honors ISA for providing industrial cybersecurity training at Cyber Shield 2016
- ISA and AF take part in annual FIRST® Championship, an international celebration of young people’s interest in science and technology
- Final LOGIIC report outlines technical and security considerations when evaluating and selecting Real Time Data Transfer (RTDT) solutions for industrial automation and control system environments
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology releases technical program for its 2016 EVI-GTI and PIWG joint conference on Gas Turbine Instrumentation
- Engineering workforce development model envisioned and co-developed by ISA and its affiliate, the AF, wins national award
- AF welcomes SANS Institute as its seventh working group
- In recognizing Manufacturing Day, ISA and AF draw attention to the growing need for skilled manufacturing workers
- The Continental Automation Buildings Association (CABA), a member organization AF, holds CABA Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum
- ISA and AF applaud kickoff of 2015 FIRST® Robotics Competition, encourage their members to participate and contribute in FIRST programs
- AF exhibits at Workforce Development Institute conference
- AF conducts industrial cybersecurity program at 19th Annual ARC Industry Forum in Orlando, Florida
- ISA and AF call for greater efforts to promote the value and significance of STEM learning, and engineering and automation careers
- Peggie W. Koon assumes role of 2015 Automation Federation Chair
- Make a difference in a girl's life by introducing her to engineering
- Steve Mustard, industrial cybersecurity expert of AF and ISA, selected as keynote speaker at CABA Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum
- AF releases report commissioned by LOGIIC that studies the use of virtualization in IACS environments
- ISA and AF take part in annual FIRST® Championship, an international celebration of young people's interest in science and technology
- FIRST® Championship an opportunity for STEM-gifted young people to showcase their inventiveness, learn about potential career paths in automation
- AF releases LOGIIC report on remote access in IACS environments
- In recognizing Manufacturing Day, ISA and AF draw attention to the growing need for skilled manufacturing workers
- ISA and AF designate November 2015 as Automation Appreciation Month
- The White House, AF and ISA celebrate the official launch of the US Cybersecurity Framework
- Cybersecurity experts from the White House, the US government and ISA speak at Cybersecurity Framework implementation seminar
- ISA Cybersecurity Conference 2014 reveals how to detect cyber-attacks and reduce the serious risks they can present to industrial systems and networks
- White House and Obama administration cybersecurity experts speak at April seminar co-sponsored by the Automation Federation, ISA and IMEC
- AF named as one of 100 world-class companies for its contributions in better protecting industry from the risks of cyberattack
- AF and Cerritos College co-sponsor Cybersecurity Framework seminar 6 June 2014 in Norwalk, California, USA
- AF and Southern Polytechnic State University co-sponsor Cybersecurity Framework seminar 22 July 2014 in Marietta, Georgia, USA
- AF and Chevron co-sponsor Cybersecurity Framework seminar 13 June 2014 in Houston Texas USA
- ISA and AF take part in annual FIRST Championship, a global celebration of young people's interest in science and engineering
- Young people learn the basics of industrial automation at the USA Science and Engineering Festival held last week in Washington DC
- AF industrial cybersecurity expert warns that not enough is being done to prevent risk of highly destructive cyberattack on critical infrastructure
- AF recognized as one of 100 world-class companies by Frost & Sullivan in its 2013 Manufacturing Leadership 100 Awards
- AF works with White House and US government agencies as part of President Obama’s cybersecurity executive order
- AF contributes to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework
- AF co-sponsors Creating Robotic Technology for Ultra-minimally Invasive Surgery, a free webinar
- ISA and AF leaders take part in annual FIRST® Championship, an international celebration of young people's interest in science
- AF co-sponsors 15 May 2013 webinar, "Exploring Unmanned Vehicles," spotlighting innovations in unmanned systems
- AF participates in fourth NIST Cybersecurity Framework workshop
- AF instrumental in scheduling a fifth national Cybersecurity Framework workshop at NC State University
- AF and Alabama Technology Network conduct seminar to explore implementation of recently released Cybersecurity Framework
- ISA Executive Director and CEO Patrick Gouhin presents at US government Cybersecurity Framework workshop
- AF named 2012 ML100 New Workforce Award Winner
- AF and the Society for Automation, Instrumentation, Measurement, and Control sign Memorandum of Membership
- ISA and AF participate in the largest FIRST® Championship Ever
- AF and American Association of Community Colleges announce the creation of the Automation Community College Consortium
- AF assists in developing the first high school automation course in the Durham, NC, USA public school system
- LOGIIC receives DHS S&T Under Secretary's Award for Outstanding Collaboration in Science and Technology
- AF and the International Society of Automation continue to build on their partnership with FIRST® to enhance teaching of and interest in science and technology in K-12 education
- AF collaborates with Williamsport Area High School in Pennsylvania to strengthen its automation and controls curriculum
- AF representatives confer with White House officials on growing cybersecurity and economic threats
- AF and IMS to develop an International Automation Competency Model Network
- AF hosts web seminar: Innovative Energy Technologies for a Sustainable Society
- AF and CABA sign Memorandum of Understanding
- AF and SME Education Foundation sign Memorandum of Membership
- AF and NACFAM sign Memorandum of Membership
- AF Named a Winner of the 2011 PROGRESSIVE MANUFACTURING 100 AWARDS
- AF and the American Small Manufacturers Coalition Sign Memorandum of Membership
- AF and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers Sign Memorandum of Membership
- AF and SWE sign Memorandum of Membership
- AF Congressional Fly In
- Managing Automation names AF a Progressive Manufacturing 100 (PM100) award winner.
- ISA Automation Week (4-7 October in Houston, TX, USA)
- AF and DOL complete the Automation Competency Model.
- AF meets with U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski (MO) regarding AF initiatives and offers our expertise to the Department of Energy and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- AF and PTP present Technology Career Days event for high school students at Guilford Technical Community College in Greensboro, NC, USA.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce names AF to the Business LEADS Committee to build the education framework for the next generation of workers.
- AF and DOL complete the upper Competency Tiers of the Automation Competency Model. This is the first completed competency model produced by the DOL.
- AF delegation completes successful visit to Capitol Hill.
- AF sponsors and participates in the 2009 Engineering Public Policy Symposium: “Putting Engineering and Science Back into Energy Policy."
- Managing Automation names AF a Progressive Manufacturing 100 (PM100) award winner for the creation and promotion of the Automation Competency Model.
- AF participates in United States – European Union roundtable discussion on economic recovery.
- AF begins partnership with European Union through meetings with the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs, and Equal Opportunities for the European Union, Xavier Prats-Monnè.
- EPRI includes ISA99 and ISA100 standards—developed by AF’s founding member, International Society of Automation (ISA)—in their Interim Report on the SmartGrid Interoperability Standards Roadmap for NIST.
- Senator Barbara Mikulski, from the Committee on Appropriations, submits report language to accompany H. R. 2847 (Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010), directing NIST, MEP, and NSF to consider the importance that automation plays in accelerating and integrating manufacturing processes and encouraging them to consult and collaborate with independent experts in the field of automation.
- U.S. Department of Education (DOE) revised the 2010 Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP)—the accepted U.S. federal government statistical standard on instructional program)—to include new codes for “Automation Engineer Technology/Technician” (Code 15.0406) and “Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering” (CIP Code 14.4201).
- Automation Federation honors U.S. Senator Richard Burr (NC) “for his early and continued support of the AF’s goal of building the next generation of automation professionals,” at AF headquarters.
- Automation Federation invites associations with similar missions and objectives to become Automation Federation organization members.
- Automation Career Week (5-11 October 2009 in Houston, TX, USA)
- U.S.Congressman David Price (NC) visits and addresses AF and International Society of Automation (ISA) leaders at AF headquarters.
- The Microsoft Manufacturers User Group (MsMUG) becomes an AF working group.
- MEP and NorthCarolinaMEP help secure a contract for AF with the Piedmont Triad Partnership (PTP).
- First AF Congressional Fly In takes place.
- AF delegation meets with White House staff to discuss Cybersecutiy.
- AF conducts a90-minute program at the MEP national Conference. AF begins strategic partnership with the North Carolina MEP.
- Strategic partnership with U.S. Chamber of Commerce begins.
- Career counselors across the United States receive AF’s and NCDA’s automation careers brochure.
- AF and DOL begin work on the Automation Competency Model.
- Governor Rick Perry (TX) declares 13-19 October 2008, Automation Career Week.
- AF presents information to and establishes a relationship with the national Conference of State Legislators.
- AF presents information to and establishes a relationship with the American Association of Community Colleges.
- First strategic Capitol Hill visits to build awareness of AF, our expertise, and our initiatives begin.
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) meeting leads to creation of an informative brochure on careers in automation for students, teachers, and guidance counselors.
- Letter from former Governor John Engler supporting AF workforce development efforts begins strategic partnership with the National Manufacturers Association (NAM).
- Strategic partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) begins.
- Strategic partnership with the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) begins.